Hack the workday with Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 helps take the work out of getting great work done. Join us in our endless pursuit to improve productivity by building or updating a functioning Microsoft Graph-powered solution as you compete for a share of cash, prizes, and publicity.
The Microsoft Graph API connects your app to the wide array of rich datasets and insights that power Office 365. Let your imagination shape your solution; traverse datasets, assemble custom dashboards, stream data through custom functions, or create entirely new workflows; your creativity has no limitations here. Hack the workday with a cool Office 365 add-in, a Microsoft Teams Integration, or a SharePoint or Outlook solution.
You have the opportunity to make smart, efficient productivity a reality for over 100 million users that rightfully believe their time is meaningful. Let Office 365 do the heavy lifting, enabling your ingenuity and coding skills to solve problems for them.
- Individuals, and teams of individuals, who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry
- Organizations that, at the time of entry, have been duly organized or incorporated and validly exist, and employ 50 or fewer people (Organizations that employ more than 50 people will be eligible for a non-cash recognition prize)
- The competition will welcome submitters from around the globe. However individuals or organizations may be disqualified if they are based in a nation, state, province, or territory where U.S. or local law prohibits participating in the competition or receiving a prize. This includes individuals, who are residents of, and organizations domiciled in Brazil, Quebec, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Main Requirement: Build or update a functioning Microsoft Graph-powered solution that improves productivity. Solutions must be an Office 365 add-in, Teams integration, SharePoint solution, or Outlook solution.
How to enter
- Register for the hackathon on Devpost.
- Review the Resources to help get started.
- Find a teammate (optional) by reaching out to other developers on the Participants tab.
- Sign up for an Office 365 developer account (new accounts include a 9 month free trial).
- Shoot your demo video and take screenshots of your functioning app.
- Provide access to your app to Devpost for judging and testing. (If your add-in is not publically available yet, include the manifest XML for sideloading.)
- Submit your application on officehack4.devpost.com for consideration in the hackathon!
A panel of judges
(more coming soon!)
Founder, Stylish 365
Sr. Manager, M12 – Microsoft’s Corporate VC Fund
Zapier Developer Relations
Director, Office Ecosystem Business Development
Quality of the Idea
(Includes creativity and originality of the idea.)
Implementation of the Idea
(Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.)
Potential Value to Users
(Includes the extent to which the solution can improve productivity.)